PRE-COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- It is beneficial, but not a requirement for delegates attending the course to have had previous experience using personal fall protective equipment (Harnesses & Lanyards).
- Delegates must be 18 years and over.
- Summary of Legislation to Work at Height and the Detailed Inspection “Thorough Examination” of Personal Fall Protective Equipment (PFPE)
- Equipment Standards – CE (UKCA) Marking and Equipment Traceability
- Overview of the categories of work using PFPE – Work Restraint, Work Position and Fall Arrest
- Characteristics of PFPE (lanyards, dynamic self-retracting lanyards, retractable type fall arresters, anchorage slings, connectors and harnesses)
- Identification of defects & typical damage that occurs to PFPE
- Overview of PFPE manufacturing, design and development process
- Equipment traceability and mandatory documentation – Declaration/Certificate of Conformity
- Determining if an item of PFPE is fit for purpose & criteria for removing an item from service (quarantine procedure, preventing further damage)
- Information required to be completed on a detailed inspection “thorough examination” report
- Inspect/thoroughly examine harnesses, lanyards and associated PFPE for signs of degradation and fatal flaws.
- Be able to record the findings of their detailed inspections/thorough examinations
Equipment Covered During the Course
- Full body harness
- Work position harness
- Work position lanyard
- Adjustable work restraint lanyard
- Adjustable fall arrest lanyard
- Double legged fall arrest lanyard
- Retractable type fall arrester
- Dynamic self-retracting lanyard
- Anchorage sling – flat woven
- Anchorage sling – round sling construction
CertificationDelegates successfully completing the course will receive a digital certificate of attendance valid for 3 years. Paper certificate and photo ID card are available for an additional charge.
Additional InformationFurther information on our training facilities, first aid provision, insurance etc are available upon request.