Tower Crane Rescue Course (Gotcha CRD Rescue Kit)
Essential training in the use of the Gotcha CRD Rescue Kit for both rescue and evacuation.
On completion of training, you will have the required knowledge and practical skills to rescue an unconscious casualty from a Tower Crane or similar high structure.
You will also have used the kit to perform an emergency evacuation from a structure
PRE-COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Delegates must be 18 years and over. All delegates must be able to certify they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them from working at height before the commencement of training. (A list of conditions that could affect practical training is available upon request. If in doubt, call our team on 01 2233500 for advice before booking).
SpanSet reserves the right to exclude unsuitable delegates from training courses. Candidates must be competent in the use of their Personal Fall Protection Equipment.
SpanSet Safety Harness Practical Training (formerly known as Practical Use of Personal Fall Protection Equipment) is advised for candidates with no previous experience of working at height with personal fall protection equipment.
The day will be split into two sessions.
MORNING SESSION – Safety Harness Theory Training
Our theory foundation module includes pre-use inspection.
AFTERNOON SESSION – Gotcha CRD Kit Rescue
On successful completion of the morning session, delegates can then progress on to the practical elements of training.
This course is designed to make operatives fully conversant in the operation of the Gotcha CRD Rescue Kit and its various modes of use.
- Enable operatives to use the rescue kit to rescue an unconscious casualty, or evacuate themselves from a tower crane or similar structure.
- This training is intended for operatives who are already conversant in the use of their personal fall protection equipment.
- During training, delegates will be expected to carry out activities at height. This will provide insight into the delegates’ ability to operate in such conditions. This is only an indication of their capability, as it is not possible to recreate exact working environments.
- The actual height and exposure will be set out on the certification, but this is only to show what was included in the training.
- The height shown on the certification is not intended to limit the height at which the delegate can operate.
EQUIPMENT COVERED DURING TRAINING
- Full Body Harnesses
- Single and Double Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Gotcha Suspension Loop
- Gotcha CRD Rescue Kit
- Understand the implications of being suspended in a harness and the importance of rescue provision when working at height.
- Have a basic understanding of the different approaches to rescue and how the rescue kit fits into a hierarchy of options, e.g. improvised planned and emergency services.
- Understanding the importance of personal safety whilst carrying out the rescue.
- The problems associated with suspension trauma.
- Post-rescue care and handover to a first aider or the emergency services.
Identification of the key components of the rescue kit and their strengths and limitations.
- The ability to assess the situation and select the appropriate recovery technique, i.e. anchor point selection and suitable points of safety harness attachment.
- Correctly fitting and adjustment of a fall arrest harness.
- Correct use of double and/or single fall arrest lanyards for personal safety whilst traversing and rescuing.
- The importance of casualty management and the application of temporary aids.
- Installation of the rescue kit from a position of safety and attachment to the casualty.
- Use of the rescue kit to raise and lower an unconscious suspended casualty.
- Correct use of the equipment to ensure a controlled lower from the height of the casualty.
- Use of the kit to perform an emergency evacuation from a structure.
- Optional elements include remote deployment, use in conjunction with a stretcher and establishing a guideline for lowering the casualty.
On successful completion of course, certificate will be issued which is valid for 3 years.
Further information on our training facilities, first aid provision, insurance etc are available upon request.
Please submit an enquiry below. One of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements.
* = required fields