EUSR – Understanding Safety in Excavations
Contact us for more information.
Duration: 1 Day (Max 12 )
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, safety professional and/or operatives who are required to oversee excavation activities.
This theoretical safety course introduces the learner to the basics of working around excavations. Designed as an awareness course, particular emphasis is provided to key aspects of managing and/or overseeing excavation work.
Achievement of the standard demonstrates effective performance, by being able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations.
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions.
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems.
- Carry out risk assessments related to excavations.
- Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards.
- Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations.
Classroom based training covering the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work.
- HSWA 1974
- CDM 2015
- Working at Height Regulations
- Confined Spaces Regulations
- HSG 47
This course can be delivered both at our training facility or at your premises incorporating your companies risk assessments, procedures and permits to works.