Competent Person Practical Inspection & Record Keeping
A course that gives greater detail on the inspection of height safety equipment.
The course is intended for those who are required to carry out and record detailed inspection “thorough examination” of harnesses and lanyards as a nominated competent person.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will also gain insight into the design, testing and manufacturing processes, as well as practical activities involving the inspection and testing of damaged equipment.
PRE-COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
It is beneficial, but not a requirement for delegates attending the course to have had previous experience using personal fall protective equipment (Harnesses & Lanyards).
Delegates must be 18 years and over.
- Summary of Legislation to Work at Height and the Detailed Inspection “Thorough Examination” of Personal Fall Protective Equipment (PFPE)
- Equipment Standards – CE (UKCA) Marking and Equipment Traceability
Overview of the categories of work using PFPE – Work Restraint, Work Position and Fall Arrest
- Characteristics of PFPE (lanyards, dynamic self-retracting lanyards, retractable type fall arresters, anchorage slings, connectors and harnesses)
- Identification of defects & typical damage that occurs to PFPE
- Overview of PFPE manufacturing, design and development process
- Equipment traceability and mandatory documentation – Declaration/Certificate of Conformity
- Determining if an item of PFPE is fit for purpose & criteria for removing an item from service (quarantine procedure, preventing further damage)
- Information required to be completed on a detailed inspection “thorough examination” report
- Inspect/thoroughly examine harnesses, lanyards and associated PFPE for signs of degradation and fatal flaws.
- Be able to record the findings of their detailed inspections/thorough examinations
EQUIPMENT COVERED DURING THE COURSE
- Full body harness
- Work position harness
- Work position lanyard
- Adjustable work restraint lanyard
- Adjustable fall arrest lanyard
- Double-legged fall arrest lanyard
- Retractable type fall arrester
- Dynamic self-retracting lanyard
- Anchorage sling – flat woven
- Anchorage sling – round sling construction
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a digital certificate of attendance valid for 3 years. Paper certificates and photo ID cards are available for an additional charge.
Further information on our training facilities, first aid provision, insurance etc are available upon request.
Please submit an enquiry below. One of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements.
* = required fields