The Radiodetection C.A.T4 cable avoidance tool is a simple means of assisting excavation engineers to diagnose, map and ultimately avoid underground utility services such as electricity cables, data/telecoms cables, pipes and building structures when excavating.
It is important to note that the CAT4 cable avoidance tool should predominantly be used in conjunction with Radiodection’s Genny4 Signal Generator. This allows for locating hidden utilities that do not generate enough EMF or radio signal for them to be detected by the C.A.T4 alone.
‘StrikeAlert’ presents a visible indication of utilities that are located close to the surface of the ground that would present a potential ‘strike’ risk if left undiscovered.
The C.A.T4 can be used effectively in 4 modes; avoidance mode, genny mode, power mode and radio mode:
- Avoidance mode – simultaneous detection of genny, power and radio signals
- Power mode – used for detecting electromagnetic fields (EMFs) that surround buried power cables
- Radio mode – used for detecting long-range radio signals travelling along buried pipes and cables
- Genny mode – used for solely detecting signals generated by the Radiodetection Genny4 Signal Generator
The C.A.T4 also features ‘Dynamic Overload Protection’ that filters out unwanted electrical noise commonly found in and around electrical substations and surface-mounted HV cables; these can have an adverse effect on the detection of buried utility locations. Signal strength is displayed upon a high-contrast, backlit LCD screen that features a bar graph ‘tidemark’ allowing for quick and easy pin-pointing of hidden utilities.
- Accurately detect underground cables, pipes and structures
- High contrast, backlit LCD display
- Network Rail approved
- ‘StrikeAlert’ function that displays the location of services underground, which could cause a ‘strike’ risk if undetected
- Power mode – detects EMF around cables
- Radio mode – detects long-range radio signals
- Avoidance mode – detects Jenny, power and radio signals simultaneously
What’s In The Box?
- Radiodetection C.A.T4 Cable Avoidance Tool
Westport Equipment offers comprehensive training options for anyone who needs to know how a C.A.T4 works at any level, including operators, managers and trainers. Training promotes best working practices and supports those responsible for Cable Avoidance Management.
Contact us on +353-1-2233500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.