The Radiodetection C.A.T4+ cable avoidance tool allows ground workers to accurately detect, map and check how deep underground utility services such as power cables, data/telecoms supplies, pipe work and other structures are when excavating.
It is important to note that the CAT4+ cable avoidance tool is recommended for use alongside Radiodection’s Genny4 Signal Generator. This allows for locating services that do not generate an electromagnetic field or radio signal, in order for them to be detected by the C.A.T4+ alone.
Moreover, and in addition to the standard C.A.T4, the CAT4+ features a depth function. When used in ‘genny mode’ (which requires use of the Genny4), the instrument will display a depth indication to a located utility service.
The C.A.T4+ includes the integrated ‘StrikeAlert’ function that displays the location of services that are buried at a shallow depth, which could potentially cause a ‘strike’ risk if left undetected.
The C.A.T4+ features 4 modes to assist in detecting different utility types; avoidance mode, genny mode, power mode and radio mode:
- Avoidance mode – detects genny, power and radio signals at the same time
- Power mode – detects EMFs that surround buried electricity supply cables
- Radio mode – detects long-range radio signals travelling through buried pipes and cables
- Genny mode – used to detect signals generated by the optional Radiodetection Genny4 Signal Generator. Also displays depths of buried utilities when used with the C.A.T4+ cable avoidance tool
Similar to the other C.A.T4 cable avoidance tools, the C.A.T4+ features ‘Dynamic Overload Protection’ that filters out electrical noise that can affect the signals used to detect underground utility services. Any signals detected are presented by means of a ‘tidemark’ bar graph on a high-contrast, backlit LCD screen.
- Accurately pin-point underground cables, pipes and structures
- High contrast, backlit LCD display with Metric or Imperial depth units
- Network Rail approved
- StrikeAlert feature: displays the location of services that are buried at a shallow depth, which could potentially cause a ‘strike’ risk if left undetected
- Avoidance mode, power mode, radio mode and genny mode
- Dynamic overload protection filters out electrical noise that can impact detection signals
What’s In The Box?
Radiodetection C.A.T4+ Cable Avoidance Tool with Depth Function
Westport Equipment offers comprehensive training options for anyone who needs to know how a C.A.T4 works at any level, including operators, managers and trainers. Training promotes best working practices and supports those responsible for Cable Avoidance Management.
Contact us on +353-1-2233500 or email email@example.com for more details.